Become a Board Member
REQUIREMENTS TO SERVE
ON THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
1. You must be a resident of the Matanuska-Susitna Borough to serve on the Board of Directors of the MatSu Food Bank.
2. This form must be filled out and submitted to declare your consideration to serve on the Board.
3. The completed form and resumes of all candidates will be forwarded to the Board for consideration and response.
4. If you are considered for a vacancy a request for you to attend a Board meeting will be issued so that all Board members may speak with you and you, in turn, can ask questions of the Board.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serving on the Board brings with it responsibilities about which you should be aware.
Some of these are outlined below, but are not all-inclusive in the scope.
1. Be prepared and able to attend a Board meeting each month.
2. If your attendance falls below 50% without being excused by the President
in a calendar year, you may be asked to step down from the Board.
3. Board members are expected to contribute financially along with
volunteer time for fund-raising and sponsorship activities and attending board meetings.
4. Board members can be held responsible for the consequences of their actions. MatSu Food Bank carries insurance with respect to bodily and property injury. There is limited insurance to cover liability or fraud.
By submitting the following form, you hereby acknowledge that you
have read and understand the requirements and expectations listed above.